Hobart Walking Club Inc. Privacy Statement
This privacy statement describes how the Hobart Walking Club (HWC) collects information about its members and those on its mailing list (referred to as “Members”), how we use the personal information, who it is disclosed to and how Members can access the information we collect. HWC respects the confidentiality and security of every member’s personal information and is committed to protecting it at all times.
What personal information may we collect?
The HWC collects personal information about Members which includes:
- Name and address
- Date of joining the club
- Year of birth
- Phone number(s) and email address
- Emergency contact name and phone number
How do we collect personal information? Information is generally collected from members by way of membership applications, renewal forms and Trip Report sheets.
What do we use the personal information for? Information is used to:
- Maintain the membership register as required by the Associations Incorporation Act
- Communicate with members
- Ensure a safe walking environment through the use of emergency contacts
To whom do we disclose personal information?
- As required, personal information is provided to members of the Committee who provide club services
- Names and phone numbers of Trip Coordinators and Committee Members are included in the trips program which is distributed to Members and to members of the public who enquire about the club
- Members representing the club at other organisations may, with their consent, have their contact details provided to those organisations
- We do not provide our membership list to any external organisation or external individual
How do Members notify the Club of corrections to personal information?
- You can view your personal information in the Members’ Dashboard Area of the website and update it at any time
- You can view and update your personal information when renewing Membership
- You may also tell us of changes by contacting the Membership Officer.
Member photos on the HWC web site or Facebook page Members submit photos taken during club activities for inclusion on the website and Facebook page. Please note that accepted photos may include images of Club Members and visitors.
How can you help protect your information? If you are providing personal information to HWC (or receiving it from the Club), the HWC requests that you take all necessary steps to ensure that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
What to do if you have a complaint? Any complaint regarding a possible breach of privacy by HWC should be directed to the HWC Secretary.
Mt Solitary fm lake trackhead. By Geoff O’Hara